INSTRUCTIONS FOR COSMETIC PROCEDURES
Things to know before you go:
- Do not use Botox or dermal fillers if you are pregnant or breastfeeding,
- Do not use Botox if you are allergic to eggs or any of its ingredients or if you suffer from any neurological disorders.
- Do not use Botox or fillers if you have an active skin infection
- It is not recommended to have Botox treatments less than 90 days apart.
- The most common side effect is bruising and swelling. It is NOT advisable to have injections less than 2 weeks before a big event.
Pre-care instructions (1 week before)
- Avoid the following: Vitamin E, Fish Oil, Omega 3 fatty acids, Ginkgo biloba, Garlic, Ginger, cayenne, licorice, flax seed oil, CoQlO, and alcohol
- Sunburned skin is difficult to treat so avoid exposure to the sun before your appointment
- Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, facial scrubs or the use of hair removal cream on the skin
- Avoid the use of Alpha Hydroxy Acids higher than 10%, Retinol , or Retinol A
- If you have a tendency to bruise easily, you may start taking Amica Montana, an oral homeopathic medication 3-4 days before treatment to help promote healing, minimize bruising and swelling
- If you have a history of cold sores (herpes), please inform the doctor so you may be prescribed medication to start the day of treatment
- Always inform your clinician of all medications especially antibiotics, high blood pressure medications, coumadin, Plavix, or other blood thinners
Post care instructions:
- Do not massage, rub or apply pressure to the treated area for 6 hours after treatment
- Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen, and drinking alcohol for a few days following treatment
- Apply topical Amica Montana cream to any areas with redness, bruising or swelling
- Avoid exposure to the sun and cold outdoor activities until redness from treatment disappears
- Do not restart Retinol or Retin-A for 2 days
If you had neurotoxin injections today (i e Xeomin. Botox etc }
- Stay upright; do not lie down for at least 4 hours
- You may experience occasional tingling sensations
- It can take several days to see the full effect.
- Makeup can be reapplied after treatment
If you had filler injections today
- Avoid kissing, puckering, using a straw, and "lip plumpers". This can displace the filler material and cause complications.
- Immediately apply ice to the area treated with very light pressure to reduce swelling. Ice should be applied for 10-20 minutes and then removed for 10-20 minutes. This cycle can be continued for 24 hours.
- Mild to moderate bruising is very common with fillers. Apply Topical and/or oral Amica Montana to help with any areas of bruising and/or swelling.
- Stay well hydrated to improve results. Filler attracts and binds to water to add volume to the skin.
- Avoid facials, peel, micro-dermabrasion, dental treatment, "face down" massages for two weeks. Also, sleep on your back for the next few nights.
- If possible, avoid makeup today. Gentle cleansing and moisturizer is fine.
- The effect of filler is immediate with full effect in 7 days.
*Call the the office immediately to report any pain, redness, blisters, itching, or blanching of the skin at (602) 956-9560